PLEASANT BAY CHILDREN'S CAMP DIRECTOR
Children's Camp Division of Pleasant Bay Bible Conference Grounds Inc.
This full-time position will provide leadership to Pleasant Bay Children's Camp. The Director will report to the Pleasant Bay Camp’s Board of Directors, through the Chair of the Children's Leadership Team. The Children's Camp Director is expected to effectively lead and manage the camping operation, promote and implement growth strategies through visionary, spiritual leadership, and will oversee all aspects of the Camp ministry. The Children's Camp Director will provide dynamic leadership to camp staff, manage and implement effective programming and ensure that camp operations are managed effectively and adhere to legislative standards and requirements.
Do you have experience working with youth and in the camping ministry? Do you have a desire to see people grow closer to God and develop?
This may interest you or someone you know! Download Job Summary to share!
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Program Planning, Development, and Evaluation
B. Financial Management
C. Property, Facilities and Operations Management
D. Staff Management and Development
E. Marketing & Fundraising
Qualifications & Experience:
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a desire to grow as a follower, and evidence of a growing relationship with God
• Demonstration of an innovative & entrepreneurial spirit
• Business acumen with a working knowledge of marketing, promotion, fundraising, budget development, fiscal control and basic accounting skills
• Competent ability to utilize social media and communication technology
• Church ministry experience with youth
• Possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent
• Familiarization with professional camping organizations such as OCA, CCI
• Decisive leadership skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Well-developed team builder, problem solver and conflict manager
• Working knowledge of property operations, facilities management & maintenance
• Driver’s Abstract and Police Check
Please complete the form below or send resume applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your previous camping experience and three references with your application. Thank you.
If possible please create a 1-2 video minute introducing yourself to us, describe your current position and most recent job experiences and include a brief statement why you are interested in working at Pleasant Bay Children's Camp. We would ask that you share this with our Dropbox account email@example.com. If you would like to share with another service please let us know and we can direct you accordingly. Thank you.
The Children’s Camp Director's working week hours will vary based on the time of the year. The Children’s Camp Director will often work evenings and weekends, especially during camping season to accommodate activities such as seasonal schedules, board meetings and representing the organization at public events.